I really have been working on the commission this last week but appointments got in the way. I had the image drawn onto the board but I felt it wasn't right. I asked the client in and I shared my thoughts and he agreed. So I sanded off that image, if was just a lot of prep work. I've now drawn on the new composition! It is a lot better.
This week I got the under-painting in and started on the sky. This commission is really just copying what I see, not much creativity involved but a lot of skill. Unfortunately I'll be volunteering at the DAC & Chamber this week so those two days I won't be painting. I need to get the sky finished Monday and background in Friday.
This is an adventure for me, something I've always wanted to do: to be a real Artist! So I rented a studio, lets see how it goes.